CliniSys - End to end solutions for the diagnostic journey
Europe’s largest diagnostic IT vendor
Laboratory test results help inform 70% of patient diagnoses and care planning.
For over 30 years CliniSys Group has been at the forefront of diagnostics workflow, order communications and information management solutions supporting radiology, cardiology and all pathology disciplines including anatomical or cellular, molecular and genetics. These encompass the complete workflow from order, clinical decision support, collection, processing, analysis, results and reporting, through integration into the clinical workflow.
CliniSys Group has built an unrivalled reputation for the deployment of complex diagnostics networks and academic centres – and is the only vendor repeatably delivering across all disciplines end to end – at scale.
Making healthcare smarter and more efficient.
As we build on our success and expand our solutions portfolio and services, we are seeking a passionate Technical Tester to join our development organisation and undertake a key role as team lead within the Test Team.
Reporting to the Head of Test, it will be your responsibility to lead one of our small but dynamic testing teams, whilst Championing our Automated Testing strategy for the entire product suite. It’s an excellent opportunity for someone who has a passion and flair for Testing Best Practice, Automated Testing, Agile Environments and has either formal team leading expertise or is looking to take on a new challenge by develop their leadership or mentoring skills.
- Develop, support and maintain test automation frameworks that provide a foundation for reliable, robust and resilient test automation that can be integrated into a CI/CD pipeline or executed separately and delivers consistent and accurate results, clearly indicating Pass / Fail / Skipped results.Where Skipped tests are tests where there was a failure within the test automation ecosystem and not a result from the system under test (Pass/Fail).
- Take ownership of test automation plans, processes, and their implementation across all products, on multiple platforms, on multiple environments, to facilitate realistic pathology scenario/workflow testing in the required project timeframe.
- Take ownership of automation environments that serve both Chertsey and Glasgow test teams. This will include enhancing, monitoring, maintaining, and updating the environments.
- Responsible for reviewing, improving, maintaining, and making recommendations, with regards use of suitable and appropriate automation software.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies.
- Carry out risk based functional, regression, system, and integration testing as required to deliver clinically safe and high-quality software releases.
- Facilitate and create automated smoke tests/gateway tests, and full system tests for all products including generating, reviewing, and maintaining any test data required for automated test scenarios.
- Expand your product knowledge as well as ensuring the required knowledge within the test team is effective, and that the team adhere to current test processes and best practice.
- Act as point of contact for all technical and automation test related queries and provide technical test support and training for test team members.
- Assist and actively participate in the on-going development of testing processes and implementation of testing best practice.
- To raise, track and re-test any defects or issues identified during testing, and fully document them in our Project Management tool.
- To work with and follow the guidance of the Head of Test, ascertain project priorities, and provide project progress updates on a regular basis, carry out any reasonable task assigned by the Head of Test and act as deputy in his/her absence or as and when required.
- To undertake team 1:1s to identify and implement business objective, personal development plans and training needs for the team.
Essential Skills, knowledge and Experience required:
- A minimum of 2 years automation experience as a technical software tester with proven ability to create automation frameworks from scratch.
- Highly knowledgeable in use of Selenium WebDriver, Selenium WinAppDriver, SpecFlow, NUnit and Visual Studio.
- Proven programming ability in C#.
- Strong experience in test automation development planning, preparation, coding, testing, execution, and reporting.
- ISEB certificate in Software Testing (Foundation essential)
- Passion for Automated Testing, Testing Best Practice, Team Collaboration.
- Excellent leadership skills; perhaps Leading test Projects, Mentoring Junior Team Members or more formal Team Management, or a strong desire to develop these skills to take on the formal team leadership
- Able to manage, mentor and motivate team members to meet business needs and prioritise conflicting requirements using sound commercial judgment.
- Passionate drive to improve quality through process, and an ability to perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness.
- Able to provide ownership and solutions for challenges, with excellent problem-solving skills, and the confidence to make and communicate decisions effectively.
- Committed, highly driven, self-motivated individual capable of working independently and working with teams to achieve the delivery of high-quality software.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, and ability to prioritise conflicting requirements using sound commercial judgment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that provide the necessary level of information to suit the audience, and business need.
- Commitment to following and championing Agile.
- Understanding of the full Software Development Lifecycle.
Advantageous Skills and Experience:
- Achieved degree standard in computer-related subject.
- Experience of TDD (test-driven development) and BDD
- Experience of SQL and Oracle databases
- Azure DevOps, CI/CD pipelines.
- Previous Test Lead experience
Why join CliniSys?
- You will work alongside top experts in their field
- Bring your innovation, drive and expertise to full use
- Great career opportunity
- Your work will play a part in helping us create and deliver vital healthcare software solutions that aides and supports medical professionals and biomedical scientists diagnose of millions of patients
- Pathology's IT partner of choice for service efficiency and patient care
- Over 2,500 laboratories using our solutions
- Creator of class-leading products such as WinPath, GLIMS, ICE & CyberLab
- CliniSys is the market-leading LIMS solutions provider in the UK and Europe
- Well established, with over 30 years in the industry
- 500 IT healthcare professionals dedicated to the development, deployment and support of our laboratory software
Depending on the experience of the candidate’s skills and expertise, CliniSys offer a £Competitive Basic Salary plus a generous package, career development and a great work environment.