CliniSys - Transforming the future of health
CliniSys is the world’s largest organisation dedicated to diagnostics and laboratory informatics. In the May 2022 Laboratory Information Systems global market report by Signify Research, CliniSys Group accounted for 19.5% global market share, significantly more than the nearest competitor. CliniSys also has leading regional market shares in the territories it operates.
Why are laboratories so important in healthcare? 80% of all healthcare diagnostic and therapeutic decisions are informed by pathology and 95% of clinical pathways are underpinned by diagnostic services.
For 40 years the CliniSys Group has been successfully specialising in complex and wide scale delivery of comprehensive laboratory and public health solutions in over 3,000 laboratories across 34 countries.
Our combined cross-discipline expertise provides customers with solutions to support laboratory workflows across clinical, histology, molecular, genetics, including order management, reporting and results delivery domains. Additionally, we serve laboratories in environmental testing, water quality, agriculture, and toxicology.
Across the globe CliniSys employs over 1,450 individuals, living in 12 different countries, representing 19 diverse cultures, speaking 21 different languages, with unsurpassed global knowledge of the complex laboratory and diagnostics sector. Across the UK & Ireland CliniSys employs over 300 people.
CliniSys Group is the industry-leading supplier in the UK and Europe of clinical laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and Order Comms software, and the proud creator of market-leading products known as WinPath, GLIMS, DaVinci, ICE and CyberLab.
Our systems help healthcare professionals test, diagnose, and treat millions of patients every day, helping save or improve their quality of life.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Business Analyst to carry out market evaluation and requirements elicitation on strategic focus areas as well as on specific features, to support the business in delivering the right products and product changes at the right time.
This role is an integral part of the product management function contributing to the ongoing evolution of the company's existing software, as well as innovative and exciting new solutions using the latest technologies.
- Work as an integral member of the Product Management function, the role of which is to maintain product strategy and product release roadmap and their alignment with CliniSys business objectives.
- To use data to understand how changes to process, products, services, software and hardware can improve efficiencies and add value.
- To prioritise work based on when analysis and requirements are needed for engineering, without being a barrier to its progress.
- To build up a network of subject matter experts (SME) both inside and outside of the business (including customers, 3 party suppliers and regulatory authorities) to contribute to the definition of functional and non-functional requirements of a product change.
- To run requirements analysis workshops with relevant SMEs to ensure all relevant aspects of the change are considered, including any constraints, pain points, clinical impact etc.
- To organise 3 party input into requirements analysis as and when required.
- To perform and document low-level requirements analysis and elicitation for new features and enhancements agreed in the roadmap.
- To ensure compliance with industry standards, regulatory standards and CliniSys quality processes.
- To demonstrate a good understanding of current deployment architecture and technical vision.
- To utilise different formats for articulating low-level requirements to engineering depending on the nature of the product change, e.g. UML workflow diagrams, flow charts, tables.
- To conduct impact analysis to determine how software changes affect user workflow, and to work with UX designers on design mock-ups.
- To ensure that requirements are reviewed and signed off by relevant stakeholders.
- To serve as the subject matter expert on the products and product changes during Agile ceremonies, to provide clarity on requirements to Agile teams during ideation, scoping and engineering.
- To create and maintain customer-facing message specifications documents.
- To be aware of the Product Group’s software development lifecycle processes and how and when business analyst activities fit in, recognising the importance of the analysts’ contributions and responsibilities therein.
- To report on work progress to the Product Management team, tracking against agreed timescales for delivery.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Have a good working knowledge of the document development cycle and publication procedures.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent elicitation skills for detailed requirements capture.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Be able to communicate and collaborate with technical and non-technical clients and staff at all organisational levels.
- Adaptability / flexible to changing demands.
- Generate well-presented, grammatically correct, and concise documentation.
- Be competent in the creation and editing of drawings, layout of documents and the creation of text to a professional standard.
Qualifications and experience
- 2-5 years-experience as a Business Analyst in an Agile software development environment
- Qualifications to degree level
- Relevant BA qualification (e.g., BCS practitioner)
- Certified Scrum Alliance Product Owner (CSPO), Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) or equivalent
- Business analysis experience for healthcare and life science software development
- Use of tooling such as Azure DevOps and Jira or product management software like Aha! Roadmaps, Product Board or Product Plan
This role will be based out of our Chertsey or Glasgow office, with the ability to work from home a number of days per week; you may be required to undertake occasional travel across the UK to client sites and commitments, company offices, and events, as and when required package and great work environment.
Depending on the experience of the candidate’s skills and expertise, CliniSys offers a competitive basic salary plus a generous package and great work environment.