CliniSys - End to end solutions for the diagnostic journey
Europe’s largest diagnostic IT vendor
Laboratory test results help inform the 70% of patient diagnoses and care planning.
For over 30 years CliniSys Group has been at the forefront of diagnostics workflow, order communications and information management solutions supporting radiology, cardiology and all pathology disciplines including anatomical or cellular, molecular and genetics. These encompass the complete workflow from order, clinical decision support, collection, processing, analysis, results and reporting, through integration into the clinical workflow.
CliniSys Group has built an unrivalled reputation for the deployment of complex diagnostics networks and academic centres – and is the only vendor repeatably delivering across all disciplines end to end – at scale.
Making healthcare smarter and more efficient.
Building on our recent success we are looking to add a talented DBA Team Lead. This role will see you providing leadership to a team of DBA’s within the technical services team.
You will provide support to our pioneering enterprise solution and oversee all customer-based IT implementations.
To work with and follow the guidance of the Technical Services Manager.
Undertake full line management responsibility for Technical Services DBA’s including:
Prioritise workload for self and team
Work with project managers to plan self and teams’ activities
Identify training requirements
Assist or cover 1 tob1 meetings
Install DBMS software and database patches (CPU and PSU).
Develop and design RMAN Backup and recovery procedures.
Review, design and document Disaster Recovery procedures.
Carry out Data Migration tasks for import of additional customer data.
Implement Grid Control (Oracle Enterprise Manager), archiving, scheduling jobs, RMAN/daily backups/Recovery and monitoring strategies.
Perform Data Pump, Export/Import functions.
Provide proactive monitoring of the database instances and take preventive steps (setting up alerts) to ensure high availability.
Partner with development teams to create a high-volume transaction system.
Recommend best practice SQL tuning.
Provide impact analysis reports on database configuration/schema changes.
Conduct iterative and high-performance tuning of RAC and database environments starting from development.
Research and design database/infrastructure solutions for scalability based on business requirements.
Undertake any reasonable DBA request (Design, Sizing, tuning, upgrades, issue resolution, etc.)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to recognise your audience’s technical understanding and level and adapt accordingly.
Excellent problem-solving skills, with the confidence make and stand by decisions.
Strong planning and organisational skills
Adaptability / flexible to changing demands
Good customer facing and problem-solving skills
Demonstrate ability to quickly learn, retain and apply business processes and terminology.
Perform effectively when presented with challenging timescales
- Committed highly motivated individual capable to working in isolation or as a team.
- ORACLE Database Server 10g & above
- Design and implementation considerations
- Database administration
- Command line scripting
- TOAD and/or SQL Developer
Why join CliniSys?
- You will work alongside top experts in their field
- Bring your innovation, drive and expertise to full use
- Great career opportunity
- Your work will play a part in helping us create and deliver vital healthcare software solutions that aides and supports medical professionals and biomedical scientists diagnose of millions of patients
- Pathology's IT partner of choice for service efficiency and patient care
- Over 2,500 laboratories using our solutions
- Creator of class-leading products such as WinPath, GLIMS, ICE & CyberLab
- CliniSys is the market-leading LIMS solutions provider in the UK and Europe
- Well established, with over 30 years in the industry
- 500 IT healthcare professionals dedicated to the development, deployment, and support of our laboratory software
This role will be home-based; with an occasional requirement to be in the office.
Depending on the experience of the candidate’s skills and expertise, CliniSys offers a £competitive basic salary and car allowance plus a generous package and great work environment.