CliniSys - Transforming the future of health
CliniSys is the world’s largest organisation dedicated to diagnostics and laboratory informatics. In the May 2022 Laboratory Information Systems global market report by Signify Research, CliniSys Group accounted for 19.5% global market share, significantly more than the nearest competitor. CliniSys also has leading regional market shares in the territories it operates.
Why are laboratories so important in healthcare? 80% of all healthcare diagnostic and therapeutic decisions are informed by pathology and 95% of clinical pathways are underpinned by diagnostic services.
For 40 years the CliniSys Group has been successfully specialising in complex and wide-scale delivery of comprehensive laboratory and public health solutions in over 3,000 laboratories across 34 countries.
Our combined cross-discipline expertise provides customers with solutions to support laboratory workflows across clinical, histology, molecular, genetics, including order management, reporting and results delivery domains. Additionally, we serve laboratories in environmental testing, water quality, agriculture, and toxicology.
Across the globe CliniSys employs over 1,450 individuals, living in 12 different countries, representing 19 diverse cultures, speaking 21 different languages, with unsurpassed global knowledge of the complex laboratory and diagnostics sector. Across the UK & Ireland CliniSys employs over 300 people.
An exciting opportunity within our Professional Services organisation, supporting our Professional Services Director in the operational running of our Professional Services. A key role in managing a large team’s activities with a primary focus on fulfilling engagement resource requests to ensure the resource requirements of all programmes are met.
As we role out and implement of software solutions in Labs across the UK and Ireland, you’ll be tasked with ensuring target operating models and budgetary requirements are met via an ongoing focus on utilisation, productivity, and resource management processes, whilst developing and raising team engagement, building the teams experience and skillsets to develop careers and ensure our team can deliver the solutions of tomorrow.
- Play an integral part in implementing and supporting the delivery of work allocation processes, building and maintaining tools, whilst supporting the Professional Services Director
- Forecasting, planning and day-to-day deployment of consultants to matters, balancing the needs of the business/programme with the development needs of the professional services team member
- Monitoring utilisation and billable activity for all consultants across the professional services function on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, highlighting and addressing potential under/over utilisation
- Creating and maintaining a skills matrix for each professional services team member
- Involvement in talent management, liaising with the HR and leadership teams, to discuss individual performance and development.
- Involvement in projects that are designed to improve the efficiency and agility of the professional services function.
- Championing the use of alternative resources including utilising support at other offices or the company's additional business lines
- Maintaining information on staff movements, monitoring of joiners, leavers, maternity, paternity etc. and annual leave tracking.
- Challenge requests appropriately and manage potential resource escalations
- Data analysis and reporting of forecasted capacity, utilisation, resource availability, and skill sets.
- Drive updates to CliniSys’ Delivery Operating Model (known as the “method”), including process and templates
- Build strong relationships with project managers and programme managers/directors to create foresight into project/programme resourcing requirements to drive the optimisation of utilisation
- Support Project Managers and the PMO to consolidate and update project finances
- Consolidate monthly status reports, using the content to produce & publish professional services portfolio plans
- Projects adhere to CliniSys’ delivery method and templates
- Ensure clearly defined work packages exist for all aspects of consultant activity
- Line Management
- Planning/agreeing resourcing with Project Managers with a view to driving projects forward
- Co-ordinate the training of and training material for, Domain Product Specialists, and equivalent internal Domain training
- Authorising timesheet tasks/leave and expenses
- Holding regular 1-2-1 meetings with team leaders
- Demonstrating and promoting CliniSys culture and values
- Promote the development of our consultant’s and team leader’s knowledge and skills
- Lead on the recruitment of new team leaders and support the recruitment of consultants
- Managing absence, as and when required
- Formal performance management, as and when required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Personable, with the ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues at a senior level as well as able to lead and inspire a large team.
- Committed and highly motivated organised individual, capable of working independently and as part of a team
- The ability to work under pressure and deliver quality outputs, to tight deadlines, and to communicate competing demands effectively.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of project methodologies, tools and techniques, including planning, RAID and change management
- Commercial and risk focussed with good operational business acumen
- Ability to influence resource management through the presentation of information that is timely and informative through to C-suite level
- Strong stakeholder management capability
- MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel (pivot tables and lookups), Outlook and Word
- Working knowledge of MS Project
- Working knowledge of SharePoint and MS Teams
- Any experience of NetSuite in a professional services environment ** highly desirable
Education and Experience:
- Significant proven experience (5 years or more) within a work allocation/resource management role, ideally from within a professional services environment.
- Expertise of large scale or complex resource allocations liaising with international offices and internal teams as appropriate
- Experience within an IT or software provider organisation preferred
- Educated to degree level desirable
- Current Prince2 Foundation certification desirable
Perks of working for CliniSys
From our business casual dress policy, generous annual leave, and flexible work schedules; to our mission-driven organization that supports those who support healthcare organizations, the CliniSys Group promotes work-life balance for all our employees. We place emphasis on careers, and development, encourage promotion from within, and encourage cross-functional team participation. These ideals together foster a culture of professional growth and development for our employees.
- Pathology's IT partner of choice for service efficiency and patient care
- Over 2,500 laboratories using our solutions
- Creator of class-leading products such as WinPath, GLIMS, ICE & CyberLab
- CliniSys is the market-leading LIMS solutions provider in the UK and Europe
- Well established, with over 40 years in the industry
- 1450 IT healthcare professionals dedicated to the development, deployment, and support of our laboratory software
Depending on the experience of candidate’s skills and expertise, CliniSys offers a £competitive basic salary plus a generous package and great work environment.