CliniSys - End to end solutions for the diagnostic journey
Europe’s largest diagnostic IT vendor
Laboratory test results help inform 70% of patient diagnoses and care planning.
For over 30 years CliniSys Group has been at the forefront of diagnostics workflow, order communications and information management solutions supporting radiology, cardiology and all pathology disciplines including anatomical or cellular, molecular and genetics. These encompass the complete workflow from order, clinical decision support, collection, processing, analysis, results and reporting, through integration into the clinical workflow.
CliniSys Group has built an unrivalled reputation for the deployment of complex diagnostics networks and academic centres – and is the only vendor repeatably delivering across all disciplines end to end – at scale.
Making healthcare smarter and more efficient.
As we build on our success and expand our development and product teams, we are seeking a talented senior development leader to head our core development activities across our product portfolio.
You will work as a key part of a multi-disciplinary leadership team that leads the CliniSys UK product group, undertaking the responsibility of leading and operationally running our development environment and teams. Ensuring our activities meet our commercial obligations and agreed release dates as we release software to clients, modernise our products and launch new products, whilst raising the bar on quality, inspiring initiative and nurturing our developers to go from strength to strength.
This is an exceptional opportunity to lead a key department within our product organisation, it requires experience in leading multiple teams across several locations and time zones, ensuring all development activities meet commercial deadlines, release schedules and strong team people management strong project/change management and expertise to drive develop our culture.
Reports to Senior Product Director
Direct Reports; 35 Developers, Team Leaders / Managers
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary leadership team that includes Product Management, QE & Test, User Experience, Architecture and Dev.
- Building strong cross-department working relationships with the Support and Professional Services originations which service CliniSys customers directly in the deployment, support, and upgrade of the company’s products.
- Lead our development activity and teams to produce products to agreed commercial deadlines, customer projects and product roadmaps
- Lead, develop, nurture, recruit and manage best in class talent
- Continuously review and improve our development processes
- Contribute and collaborate with the Senior Product Director to align development activities to the business plan and technical roadmaps
- Collaborate with wider teams, such as product owners, testing, architecture, presales and delivery teams to analyse projects and scope out the necessary development tasks and prepare associated development estimates.
- Project manage and prioritise the scheduling and delivery of all development tasks.
- Monitor progress against strategic plans and provide regular updates to the product director and senior stakeholders.
- Drive Innovation, best practice and collaboration whilst encouraging others to do so
- Building and maintaining relationships with third-party software development organisations that enable the department to scale its capacity to deliver projects.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Strong experience in managing and aligning development / technical activities to commercial/operational commitments
- Strong Leader and people manager, able to engage, lead and develop talent within an agile environment
- Strong background in managing development teams that migrate enterprise software solutions to the cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure or AWS.
- A background in managing development teams that are developing new products using cloud-native, serverless technologies.
- Strong experience in establishing and leading a development department that participates in a modern, cross-department DevOps culture.
- Experience in delivering multiple solutions/products from concept to release, new functionality, managing technical debt, defect fixes.
- Strong understanding and experience leading organisations that apply modern software development practise including the agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Excellent appreciation for the Microsoft technology stack web technologies including .Net Framework, .Net Core, C#, typescript, REST, Angular and Azure
- An appreciation of microservices architecture and modern software patterns such as event sourcing, CQRS, MVVM and MVC.
Why join CliniSys?
- Contribute to the creation of vital healthcare technology that aids and supports medical professionals and biomedical scientists to diagnose millions of patients
- Opportunity to shape the workflow used in the front line of Clinical Diagnostics
- Work across a broad family of applications and web services on flagship and next-generation technologies
- You will work alongside top experts in your field
- Bring your innovation, drive and expertise to full use
- Excellent career progression opportunity
- Pathology's IT partner of choice for service efficiency and patient care
- Over 2,500 laboratories using our solutions
- Creator of class-leading products such as WinPath, GLIMS, ICE & CyberLab
- CliniSys is the market-leading LIMS solutions provider in the UK and Europe
- Well established, with over 30 years in the industry
- 500 IT healthcare professionals dedicated to the development, deployment, and support of our laboratory software
Depending on the experience of candidate’s skills and expertise, CliniSys offer a £Competitive Basic Salary plus a generous package, career development and a great work environment.