CliniSys - End to end solutions for the diagnostic journey
Europe’s largest diagnostic IT vendor
Laboratory test results help inform 70% of patient diagnoses and care planning.
For over 30 years CliniSys Group has been at the forefront of diagnostics workflow, order communications and information management solutions supporting radiology, cardiology and all pathology disciplines including anatomical or cellular, molecular and genetics. These encompass the complete workflow from order, clinical decision support, collection, processing, analysis, results and reporting, through integration into the clinical workflow.
CliniSys Group has built an unrivalled reputation for the deployment of complex diagnostics networks and academic centres – and is the only vendor repeatably delivering across all disciplines end to end – at scale.
Making healthcare smarter and more efficient.
The role of the Servicedesk Team Leader can broadly be separated in to three distinct areas
- To manage and develop the personnel (Service Desk Analysts and Application Support Analysts) who make up the Servicedesk to ensure they can deliver the appropriate services to our customer base in line with our contracts commitments to meet or exceed both the customer and business requirements.
- To develop and then maintain a technical knowledge of the CliniSys applications allowing you to investigate, advise and resolve support requests as logged by our customer base, and to act as an escalation point for issues raised by both our customers and escalated by the members of the Servicedesk team.
- To keep abreast of ongoing and future regulations, working practices, products and technologies within the service and pathology disciplines, and to contribute to both the internal CliniSys processes and to customer facing service improvement plans.
This is a permanent role comprising a five day week of 40 hours (excluding breaks) against a rota to cover our core hours of 08:00 – 20:00 Monday to Saturday.
Reports to: Service Operations Manager
Subordinate Titles: Application Support Analyst
- To work with and follow the guidance of the Service Operations Manager
- To comply with the CliniSys codes of conduct and guidelines.
- To undertake incident trends analysis with a view to instigating problems records which will understand root causes and facilitate changes positively impacting support requests raised by our customer base either by reduction of support requests raised or the severity of the support requests raised.
- To act as an escalation point, managing all stakeholders, for all matters concerned with the Servicedesk function and support requests raised both within and outside of standard Servicedesk coverage and within the defined limits of time, knowledge and contracted service levels.
- To participate, along with the other relevant managers, in the on call Duty Manager rota
- To manage and administrate service based tools and service reporting tools and systems where required, as allocated.
- To provide management information and reporting as required facilitating a qualitative and quantities approach to monitoring operations.
- To carry out site visits when needed in relation to customer ‘go lives’, as part of a service improvement plan, when required in relation to an escalation or when other needs dictate.
- To promote ITIL best practices wherever appropriate.
- To promote and support correct GDPR best practice within the workplace.
- To be conversant with the core functionality of Pathology products and that of general disciplines
- To ensure appropriate processes and training are implemented to facilitate introduction of new CliniSys products.
- To fully understand the service CliniSys has been engaged to deliver in line with contractual and other customer expectations.
- To develop and maintain rapport with end users by displaying a detailed understanding of their IT environment and Pathology issues/pressures.
- To maintain and update all quality documentation issued to you by the company
- To be responsive to reasonable requests from your line manager.
- To progress your own personal development and the development of your team members.
- To promote cross-departmental working and facilitate smooth transitions in terms of Service Introduction for new services and products.
- To undertake full line management responsibility for the assigned team(s) to include :
- To be responsible for the team’s environment, including line management of all team members and organising all activity with a view to maintaining quality processes.
- To be responsible for team activity ensuring the management of all support requests to appropriate resolution or escalation as required within defined service level agreements.
- To manage the team rota(s) and for all analysts and partake in the Servicedesk shifts as/if required
- To promote, establish and maintain high levels of incident ownership within the team - progressing and managing all support requests to a satisfactory conclusion on the CliniSys incident management system, ensuring that appropriate parties (especially the end user) are kept up to date on incident progress.
- To promote, establish and maintain a quality working relationship between the team and our end users.
- To support the Application Support Analysts and focus on the development of all Servicedesk function team members advancing customer service skills and developing diagnosis, analytical, problem solving, discipline specific and technical skills ensuring incident resolution in a timely fashion to achieve Service Levels through ongoing mentoring / coaching and personal development plans.
- To organise, attend and run team meetings in line with the CliniSys communications policy,
- Continually review all team members’ skills and Servicedesk working practises and procedures to ensure ongoing service improvement and high levels of focus on customer services.
- To understand and operate the escalation procedure within the defined limits of time, knowledge and level of contracted support.
- To facilitate the release management and general availability process.
- To manage the recruitment process for new staff applying to join the Servicedesk from initial screening of CV’s through to the final offer of successful candidates
- To complete administrative duties including holiday, sickness overtime and expenses forms in a timely manner.
- To partake in the training of customers and other members of staff as and when required to resolve or aid resolution of Servicedesk support requests.
- To own all assigned service improvement plans, allocating the relevant resources and ensuring they are delivered against agreed timescales.
- To attend agreed meetings, both on site and remotely, with customers where appropriate to resolve or aid the resolution of Servicedesk support requests and problems.
- To attend scheduled customer based user group meetings and present on service based matters as required.
- To promote the customer based end user community and hierarchy structure.
- To attend agreed training courses.
- To behave as a role model: for delivering results; for enthusiasm and enjoyment of your work; for teamwork; for coaching and mentoring of colleagues and team members and for professional standards of behaviour.
- To develop and manage or input into the internal systems which facilitate and aid the function of the team.
- To understand, comply and develop with customer and CliniSys procedures, working practices and directives in a timely manner.
- Owner of the CliniSys Support Knowledge Base
- To develop and then maintain a thorough technical knowledge of the CliniSys applications allowing you to investigate, advise and resolve support requests as logged by our customer base
- To act as a technical reference point, both at an application and process level, for the Servicedesk Analysts and Application Support Analysts working within the team.
- To act as a Data Manager ensuring a secure approach to the handling/management of customer owned or patient identifiable data and promoting best practises surrounding data security.
- To promote, establish and maintain high levels of incident ownership - progressing and managing all Incidents to a satisfactory conclusion on the CliniSys incident management system, ensuring that appropriate parties (especially the end user) are kept up to date on incident progress.
- To promote, establish and maintain a quality working relationship with end users and resolve incident in a timely fashion by using and developing diagnosis, analytical, problem solving, discipline specific and technical skills to achieve Service Levels.
- Contribute to the development of CliniSys products including recommendations based on customer feedback with regard to software changes and enhancements.
- Communication skills; communicating with technical and non-technical customers and staff at all organisational levels in addition to above.
- High levels of commitment and ability to take action when necessary, working to tight deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to work independently
- Excellent decision making / problem solving skills
- Adaptability / flexible to changing demands
- Assertiveness and sound judgement
- Ability to implement and manage change
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree is desirable
Experience of working within the UK Health sector within a Pathology setting.
A minimum of either two years experience working within a Servicedesk or customer support environment or
conducting a line management role involving the direct supervision of staff.
Microsoft Certified Professional or Microsoft Certified Software Engineer qualifications (or equivalent) or efforts towards such qualifications are desirable.
Any certification from the ITIL Qualifications Scheme (or equivalent) or efforts towards such qualifications are desirable.
Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted.
Depending on the experience of the candidate’s skills and expertise, CliniSys offers a competitive basic salary plus a generous package and great work environment.
Roles are based out of either our Chertsey office or our Glasgow office