Clinisys is a global provider of intelligent diagnostic informatics solutions and expertise designed to redefine the modern laboratory, across healthcare, life sciences, and public health. Millions of diagnostic results and data insights are generated every day using Clinisys’ platform and cloud-based solutions in over 3,000 laboratories across 34 countries. Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, and Chertsey, England, Clinisys’ mission is to enhance the effectiveness of diagnostic workflows in any laboratory or testing environment and keep citizens and communities healthier and safer.
An exciting opportunity within our solutions team will see you in a key customer-facing technical role working across a broad range of disciplines and required a blend of clinical, technical, and CliniSys product knowledge.
The ability to retain high levels of motivation, leadership, and focus is essential during all stages of a large complex business and technology change programme within the clientele are essential for this role.
The three main stages of the Solution Manager role and the key tasks within each stage are defined below:
- Own the overall solution design for all functional and technical aspects of the CliniSys solution
- Work closely with the CliniSys Project Manager to define the overall solution design, and deployment timeline and identifies relevant project-based risks, assumptions, issues, and dependencies for the programme
Solution Build and Deploy
- Responsible for matrix leading a team of Product Specialists and Domain Leads to ensure the required functional and technical components for the solution are deployed to meet the contracted requirements within the defined timeline.
- Completion of key solution definition and build documentation – aligned to the agreed/defined plan
- Ensure the use of CliniSys best practice processes and documentation to ensure a “standard approach” to delivery is achieved.
- Strive for continuous improvement across all CliniSys domains providing feedback to the Performance and Planning function to ensure Deployment methodologies and procedures are both maintained and updated
- Work across the entire spectrum of business process, application and infrastructure domains to effectively resolve complex technology issues to ensure a clinically robust and technically viable solution is achieved
- Supporting the customer during the User Acceptance Testing of the deployed solution
- Creation of support documentation
Post Build and Deployment
- Undertake Customer End User technical training to enable the on-site IT team to provide local LIMS support activities
- Provide initial early life operational support assisting the solution transition into normal service operation within the CliniSys service environment
- Provide structured feedback within Lessons Learnt workshop(s) to improve solution simplification, standardisation, repeatability & reducing delivery timescales
The role see you provide technical leadership on solutions across our professional services team and clientele, undertaking a dynamic and wide range of duties and responsibilities covering
- Project Initiation, Solution Review:, Project Planning:
- Solution Design, Requirements Capture, Create High-Level Designs (HLD) and Low Level Designs (LLD)
- Change Requests to align design changes and contract
- System Build, Software Configuration
- Validation Testing, Verification, Interfacing
- Solution Deployment
- User Acceptance Testing support
- Post Build & Deployment Activities & Early Life Support
- Project Support & Governance
- Product, Delivery, Process & CliniSys Development
Key Skills, Abilities, and Experience
The solution Manager role covers a broad range of clinical, business, delivery and technology areas a broad and in-depth range of skills and experience
- Clinical Domain, any experience such as Pathology IT Professional, BMS with in-depth IT experience, or LIMS design and deployment professional.
- Working knowledge of the following clinical areas advantageous:
- Blood Transfusion
- Technology Domain
- Understanding and experience of LIMS product sets, ideally knowledge of deploying LIMS components.
- Hands-on technical experience & exposure to:
- Network, IP routing, and firewalls
- Windows operating systems architecture and components
- Web Services
- Databases and SQL language eg; Oracle or SQL Server
- Business intelligence tools e.g. Business Objects
- Knowledge of operational IT processes and procedures – for example, Backup/Restore, DR, Failover, etc
- Integration tools, HL7, Healthcare integration solutions and broader integration technologies/techniques
- Analyser integration technology
- Point of care solutions and integration
- Appreciation of Project Management & Project Governance, PRINCE2 principles would be advantageous
- Able to show high standards and understand the importance, in the creation and management of Documentation
- Customer Facing Domain, demonstrable and transferable communication skills, to present, and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders both internally and externally from C-Level, Technical or Lab professionals
- A strong ability to diagnose, isolate and resolve complex IT issues (and knowing when to escalate or delegate
- Commercial awareness, with an appreciation of the commercial impact, both positive and negative
- People Management, Professional Development & Soft Skills
This role is field based and will see you working from home (UK Wide) and will require regular travel to customer sites, company offices, and events.
Depending on the experience of the candidate’s skills and expertise, CliniSys offers a £competitive basic salary plus a generous package a