CliniSys - End to end solutions for the diagnostic journey
Europe’s largest diagnostic IT vendor
Laboratory test results help inform the 70% of patient diagnoses and care planning.
For over 30 years CliniSys Group has been at the forefront of diagnostics workflow, order communications and information management solutions supporting radiology, cardiology and all pathology disciplines including anatomical or cellular pathology, molecular and genetics. These encompass the complete workflow from order, clinical decision support, collection, processing, analysis, results and reporting, through integration into the clinical workflow.
CliniSys Group has built an unrivalled reputation for the deployment of complex diagnostics networks and academic centres – and is the only vendor repeatably delivering across all disciplines end to end – at scale.
Making healthcare smarter and more efficient.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Technical Author to help redesign, deliver and measure the success of user support materials for our existing products, and the next generation of software. As an integral member of the product management function, the principle focus of this role is to work with other Technical Authors to orchestrate the on-time delivery of high-quality user-support materials across a number of Agile teams for both scheduled releases and continuous developments streams.
- Work as an integral member of the Product Management Function, the role of which is to maintain the LIMS product strategy and product release roadmap and their alignment with business objectives.
- Advise and support both the Product Group teams and other CliniSys personnel involved in client services on matters related to user support materials such as their use of Word and illustration packages.
- Contribute to the definition of our user support strategy, bringing experience and best practice guidance into the discussions.
- User support definition
- To prioritise and agree requirements for new or updated user support material as part of each development project.
- To be aware of the legal and regulatory obligations of CliniSys as it relates to customer documentation for example, ensuring all necessary copyright and other legal (protection) statements are included in documentation to safeguard the business and intellectual property of CliniSys Solutions Ltd.
- To gather user feedback on product issues that may be addressed by improvements to user support materials.
- Process, execution and tracking
- To be aware of the Product Group’s software development lifecycle processes and how and when user support activities fit in, recognising the importance of the Technical Authors’ contributions and responsibilities therein.
- To write, illustrate, review and control all customer-facing technical documentation and other user support assets, ensuring a versioning and single source policy is enforced. This may include on-line help software, published and distributed documents such as installation or user guides, or centrally managed reference content
- To work with the Product Owners to report on progress of delivering any agreed user support materials as part of the development project progress updates.
- To log and notify the product owners / defect triage team of any user-level defects and inconsistencies in the behaviour of software that may warrant updates to the user support materials.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Successful track record as a Technical Author in an Agile software development environment.
- Have experience of indexing and editing documents.
- Have a good working knowledge of the document development cycle and publication procedures.
- Be competent in the creation and editing of drawings, layout of documents and the creation of text to a professional standard.
- Be able to build online-help systems using a commercial help editor package (preferably RoboHelp).
- Have a good working knowledge of HTML and CSS as well as experience using a commercial HTML editor, for example Dreamweaver.
- Have a working knowledge of photo editing, illustration and screen capture software. Know how to convert vector graphics to the appropriate file types. Have a working knowledge of the various file types and the media to which they are best suited.
- Have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Visio and Word, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Have experience in creating video, graphical or photographic material for hardcopy, help and e-learning.
- Generate well-presented, grammatically correct, and concise documentation.
- Be able to communicate and collaborate with technical and non-technical clients and staff at all organisational levels.
- Any of the following
- Desktop publication package such as Adobe FrameMaker (not mandatory)
- Writing in a Docs as Code environment
- Familiar with lifecycle tools such as Azure DevOps, Jira or VersionOne.
- API’s, Git, Markdown or AsciiDoc
- Service Documentation
- Any experience in healthcare and life sciences.
Why join CliniSys?
- Contribute to the creation of vital healthcare technology that aids and supports medical professionals and biomedical scientists to diagnose millions of patients
- Opportunity to shape the work flow used in the front line of Clinical Diagnostics
- Work across a broad family of applications and web services on flagship and next generation technologies
- You will work alongside top experts in your field
- Bring your innovation, drive and expertise to full use
- Support with developing your career and skillset
- Pathology's IT partner of choice for service efficiency and patient care
- Over 2,500 laboratories using our solutions
- Creator of class-leading products such as WinPath, GLIMS, ICE & CyberLab
- CliniSys is the market-leading LIMS solutions provider in the UK and Europe
- Well established, with over 30 years in the industry
- 500 IT healthcare professionals dedicated to the development, deployment and support of our laboratory software
The role is based out of either our Chertsey or our Glasgow office with infrequent travel, with the ability for employees to work remotely up to 80% with flexible working.
We are currently working fully remotely due to COVID-19 (subject to change depending on government and business requirements), and access to the office is available for those that require it.
Depending on the experience of the candidate’s skills and expertise, CliniSys offers a competitive basic salary plus a generous package and great work environment.