CliniSys Group is the industry-leading supplier in the UK and Europe of clinical laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and OrderComms software, and the proud creator of market-leading products known as WinPath, GLIMS, DaVinci and ICE
Our systems help healthcare professionals test, diagnose and treat millions of patients every day, helping save or improve their quality of life.
As we build on recent success and expand the current solutions portfolio, we are seeking multiple talented Technical Sales Consultants to join our Technical Sales / Presales team.
The team works closely with customers and sales teams, giving technical, pre-sales advice and subject matter expertise. Reporting to the Technical Sales Manager, the Technical Sales Consultant will work closely with the bid team, account management team, operations team and the new business sales team to produce high quality bids and design solutions that are managed through the approval process.
This role takes the primary responsibility for the design of customer solutions during the bid and contracting process, and involves taking an active role in the definition of end to end demonstration systems and the delivery of demonstrations of the entire CliniSys & ICE product range.
This also includes the responsibility for supporting the sales team with onsite technical selling, cascading of demonstration skills to account managers as required, keeping up-to-date with the company’s products and services and the production of video/slideware to support the sales process.
This role involves working to tight timescales and multi-tasking to ensure that all bids are produced to the highest quality standards and working with the team to ensure compliance with the company’s ISO Sales Process.
Objective: The primary objectives of the Technical Sales Consultant are: -
- Providing solution design support for the CliniSys & ICE product set and working with service adoption and product development, ensuring ownership of output in support of timely bid submissions ;
- Active participation in the weekly Sales Solutions Review meeting, ensuring that, in line with the company’s ISO Sales Process, all output has been agreed and signed off by the Chief Solutions Architect, Chief Technical Architect, Head of Delivery and IT Services Manager;
- Developing solution collateral for the sales team in conjunction with Product and Delivery across both the CliniSys & ICE product set;
- Working with Product Specialists, the Product Managers, Chief Solutions Architect and IT Services Manager to ensure knowledge and systems are up-to-date with new developments, products and solution design
- Helping to ensure the demonstration systems and server are maintained and kept up-to-date with the latest releases of CliniSys & ICE products
To work alongside the Technical Sales Team in :
- Delivering all technical aspects of the sales process to ensure that the proposition to the customer is closely aligned to the capabilities of the CliniSys & ICE product set;
- Taking responsibility for the production of technical responses including functionality and integration to third party products during the bid development process;
- Taking responsibility for the demonstration of the company’s products for which you have knowledge and experience and work with other company employees who have experience in other areas, prior to and during the formal procurement process;
- Putting in place regular reviews to ensure that the demonstrations provided by the team are market leading and innovative in both their content and style of delivery;
- Developing quality and current captivate videos to support the sales process which can be used by the Sales personnel for either onsite or webex demonstrations;
- Taking primary responsibility for the base costing of any solution based upon the use of the company’s standard price book;
- Working with product specialists to ensure the Technical Sales Team are always up-to-date with new developments and to pass this knowledge onto Sales Personnel;
- Up-dating the responses documents with the latest information on products and services obtained as a result of liaison with product and service specialists;
- To manage provision of technical responses to formal tenders;
- Ensuring, as part of the Technical Sales Team, the planning, preparing and conducting of client product demonstrations to the standard expected by the business ;
- Providing, as part of the Technical Sales Team, a primary point of technical review for both new business solutions and additional sales to existing customers;
- To ensure that sales are supported and progressed through solution design and positioning prior to the commencement of a formal procurement process;
- To ensure that all bids have a formal analysis of requirements and to ensure that any gaps in the solution are fully understood within the business;
- To ensure that the full set of deliverables for any bid are understood and documented within for formal solution definition documentation;
- To progress bid process and to ensure that content is provided in a timely fashion and to escalate issues where appropriate;
- To add value to bids by improving the quality of the written response provided by sales, product management and product specialists, ensuring that the appropriate sales messages are contained therein;
- To keep up-up-date with the company’s products, services, strategy and direction;
- Strong background in Biomedical Sciences as a BMS Band 6/7/8
- HCPC Registration
- Expert knowledge in one of three following verticals
- Blood Transfusion
- Cellular Pathology
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to articulate complex solutions simply to all audiences
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong listening skills
Depending on the experience of the candidate’s skills and expertise, CliniSys offers a £competitive basic salary and car allowance plus a generous package and great work environment.
This role will be home-based; you will be required to undertake significant travel across the UK to client sites and commitments, company offices, and events, as and when required.