CliniSys - Transforming the future of health
CliniSys is the world’s largest organisation dedicated to diagnostics and laboratory informatics. In the May 2022 Laboratory Information Systems global market report by Signify Research, CliniSys Group accounted for 19.5% global market share, significantly more than the nearest competitor. CliniSys also has leading regional market shares in the territories it operates.
Why are laboratories so important in healthcare? 80% of all healthcare diagnostic and therapeutic decisions are informed by pathology and 95% of clinical pathways are underpinned by diagnostic services.
For 40 years the CliniSys Group has been successfully specialising in complex and wide scale delivery of comprehensive laboratory and public health solutions in over 3,000 laboratories across 34 countries.
Our combined cross-discipline expertise provides customers with solutions to support laboratory workflows across clinical, histology, molecular, genetics, including order management, reporting and results delivery domains. Additionally, we serve laboratories in environmental testing, water quality, agriculture, and toxicology.
Across the globe CliniSys employs over 1,450 individuals, living in 12 different countries, representing 19 diverse cultures, speaking 21 different languages, with unsurpassed global knowledge of the complex laboratory and diagnostics sector. Across the UK & Ireland CliniSys employs over 300 people.
An exciting role within our global UX team working on our next generation products and solutions. As a User Experience (UX) Designer, you will work with dynamic and cross- functional Agile development teams who build software for laboratories and hospitals.
The focus of the UX Designer will be on applying your knowledge of software design principles, human factors principles and techniques, and cognitive psychology across CliniSys products that meet exceptional quality standards. A successful candidate will have a passion for quality software, a drive to enable customer satisfaction, and an ability to work effectively in a matrix organization.
- Design and document application user interfaces and/or processes using diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Collaborate to develop software designs that reflect an understanding of end-user workflow.
- Create and manage common user interface elements such as icons, menus, controls, visualizations, etc.
- Understand product specifications and user psychology to design solutions for both.
- Develop and maintain user interface guidelines and other relevant documentation, spanning thick client, web, mobile, and other types of devices.
- Research personas and investigate user behaviour both onsite and in remote sessions.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, sitemaps, and screen flows.
- Work broadly with design, product management, content strategy, and engineering.
- Conduct heuristic and accessibility reviews of screens and applications.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proficiency in prototyping and visual design programs such as Sketch, InVision, Figma, XD or similar design tools.
- Continued education and research into UX trends, current design strategy, and technologies.
- A love of problem solving, and the ability to communicate with people at all levels of a healthcare organization.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects effectively.
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods, such as persona development, usability testing, journey mapping, interviewing, heuristic evaluations, and card sorting.
- Ability to design and conduct usability studies— i.e., identify potential solution options for a stated user need and design experiments that help elicit the most viable solution for users
- Experience conducting user research on-site and through remote interviews with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Online portfolio and or case studies preferred.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human factors, user experience, human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, computer graphics, or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years’ demonstrated work experience in a similar field.
- Experience with a Global UX application or system is highly advantageous
- Experience with healthcare information systems is a plus
This role will be HYBRID and based from Home + EITHER our Chertsey or Glasgow office.
With the ability to work from home a number of days per week; you may be required to undertake occasional travel across the UK to client sites and commitments, company offices, and events, as and when required package and great work environment.